Esch Road - Lake Michigan Beach

Esch Road - Lake Michigan Beach

Saturday, June 9, 2012

It is Finished....The Kitchen

It has been a work in process for 2 years.  But it is finished...the kitchen is done!  There were just those little things that needed to be completed, but they just lingered.  But today, my hubby, finished the caulk around the tile after installing the switch plates and sealing the tile ... and it is done. 
This is just a glimpse of the journey....

Before & Demolition.....the bottom right is the "hole" exposed!  

This is the beginning of the demo.  It all began because of a "hole" in the wall and wallpaper that just wouldn't come off with taking the drywall with it!  First we decided to open the "hole" that was discovered when doing some electrical. Wasted space, covered over with drywall...seriously!  So to see what we could I went to my sketch board and started drawing with the dimensions.  After we had a plan, we found cabinets online and purchased just enough for the opening.  



We fell in love with the built-in.  Chuck installed lighting to display my china and special pieces of dishware. What a beautiful display and the space is now being used.  We then decided that we would order enough cabinets to complete the redesign of the kitchen.  With cabinets ordered we agreed that we needed to have hardwood floors installed in the kitchen and that they would then be throughout the whole house.  That meant removing everything on the 1st floor so that the floors could be refinished at the same time of the new install.  Wow...what an undertaking that was.... we should have just moved, because we moved EVERYTHING out of the house to get the floors done.  So this wasn't a kitchen remodel, it became a whole house remodel!  

But as you can see it turned out beautiful.  I love my Tuscan styled kitchen.  It has an old world flare that I just love. The tumbled travertine tile and glass block accents accent the cabinets.  I have never had a tile backsplash in the kitchen.  I love it!  





My cabinets are beautiful and it's hard to believe that they hold everything that my other ones did.  We bought them online for a portion of the cost when we were looking at different places.  We did our entire kitchen, including the purchase of new appliances, brand new hardwood floors, and for the cost of just what cabinets would have cost us from area home builders.



From the floors to the new appliances and the wonderful plan of functionality!  I know it doesn't have a lot of counter space, but I have had large gatherings, raised a family and it was always enough!  I love my added sideboard cabinet that was bought after everything else was done and I am pretty amazed how it looks like it belongs.  Thanks Paula Deen for the perfect design!

So it is finished....we have no future plans of any more remodeling....okay, yes we do...we always are thinking of what we can do next.  Maybe getting that pergola built over the deck...


Next project....stay tuned! 




Everyone who hears my words and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock. It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and hit that house. But it did not fall, because it was built on rock.  Matthew 7:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment